Townhouse Technology Standards
Pre-wire: Telephone, Television and Network
Your new home comes pre-wired (wall-plates/jacks) for basic telephone, television (RG6), high-speed network (CAT6) and wireless access points (CAT6) in pre-defined locations (all electronic equipment is available as an option). You are welcome to add jacks (i.e. second telephone line etc.) to the standard configuration, as required. Pre-wiring is also available for 5.1 surround sound systems, home automation and security systems. All wires will run back to the main wiring panel inside the laundry room where the router is located in a recessed in-wall wiring panel with door.
Your townhouse comes standard with:
- 40″ SnapAV Digital Media Distribution Enclosure SEE IT
- SnapAV WattBox 5-outlet Power Conditioner with Auto Reboot SEE IT
- Living Room and Bedrooms each have a Network port and Television jack
- Kitchen and Master Bedroom have a Telephone jack
- Wireless Access Point jacks are located in the ceiling of laundry room and utility closets, one on each floor
Townhouse Technology Options
Structured+Wireless: Networking Equipment
An Araknis router, switch, wireless access point and Cox-certified ARRIS SURFboard cable modem are the foundation of the high-performance wired and wireless networks in your new home. The Digital Structured + Wireless network architecture provides your entertainment system, personal computers, tablets, printers and mobile devices with the Internet bandwidth they require for smooth audio/video streaming, gaming and popular mobile apps. The Araknis network has an embedded firewall and also supports VPN technologies for remote access.
- Araknis Networks® 300 Series Dual-WAN Gigabit VPN Router SEE IT
- Araknis Networks® 300 Series Indoor Wireless N Access Point SEE IT
- Araknis Networks® 500 Series Indoor Wireless AC Access Point SEE IT
- Araknis Gigabit PoE+ Injector SEE IT
- ARRIS SURFboard 6141 Cable Modem SEE IT
Designed for an exceptional entertainment and home automation experience, Control4 controllers connect and automate all of the gear around your home, with just one remote or app. Your integrated Control4 system delivers a beautiful, intuitive, and responsive interface with the ability to enhance the user experience of any audio, video, lighting, shade and security system in the house.
- Control4 EA-1 (family room bundle)
- Control4 EA-3 (multi-room bundle)
- Control4 Remote Control
- Control4 Smart Phone App
- Control4 Wireless Adaptive Dimmer
- Control4 Door Control
- Control4 Nest Smart Thermometer Integration
- Control4 In-wall 7″ or 10″ Touch Panel
- Control4 Keypads
White Glove Implementation Service Options
Digital White Glove Implementation Services are designed to help owners set up their wireless network infrastructure, connect their streaming accounts (Pandora, Netflix, etc.) and enable their devices (smart phones, tablets, computers, televisions, printers, etc.). Our expert White Glove implementation team will get you up and running in your new home quickly and without the hassle.
- Optional Package 1: Audio and Video Internet Streaming Services (2 Services, 3 Devices per package)
- Optional Package 2: Complete WiFi Networking Set-up and Device Enablement (1 Wireless Router, 4 Devices per package)
Technology Support Services
Digital Technology Support Services are an important part of the enjoying your new automated home. While the components of your new automated home are designed to work together, there will be times when you will need to reboot a device, check for Internet connectivity or simply have someone explain how to operate a component or connect a new device. Leveraging the SnapAV OvrC Home and Pro platforms (pronounced “Oversee”), Digital offers a variety of support services to help you manage and operate your new network, automation platform, audio system, video equipment, security system, lights and shades. The OvrC Pro Platform provides Digital with remote access to your network and connected devices for trouble shooting, firmware updates and configuration changes. While the OvrC Home platform, installed on your mobile device, will allow you to perform simple management tasks from a centralized interface.
- Package 1: SnapAV OvrC Home Management Software
- Package 2: Per-Call Home Network Support (standard)
- Package 3: Digital Managed Technology Services
The Sonos wireless HiFi system delivers all the music on Earth, in every room, with warm, full-bodied sound that’s crystal clear at any volume. Combined multiple components for stereo sound or add a PLAYBAR and SUB for 5.1 surround sound—and control it all with just one app. If you prefer having in-ceiling or in-wall speakers you can add a Sonos CONNECT:AMP with a Niles Amp or Denon Receiver to drive it all. Fill your home with music and entertainment by combining HiFi sound and rock-solid wireless in a smart system that is easy to control and expand.
- 2 or 3-Room Sonos Wireless Music System
- Sonos PLAY:3 SEE IT
- 2 or 3-Room Wired House Music System
- 5.1 Sonos Wireless Surround Sound System
- 5.1 Wired Surround Sound System
- Control4 SR-260 Remote Control SEE IT
- Denon AVR-X1200W Receiver SEE IT
- Source Loudspeaker Technologies CUSTOM LCR 4413 Flat Panel Speaker SEE IT
- Sunfire SDS-10 SEE IT or HRS-10 Subwoofer SEE IT
- In-ceiling Speakers from SpeakerCraft SEE IT or TruAudio SEE IT
- Araknis Networks® 110 Series Unmanaged+ Gigabit Switch SEE IT
Digital is proud to offer the complete line of Samsung Televisions and Blu-ray players integrated into your Home Theater System. Also available, AppleTV and Amazon Fire devices for delivery of streaming services.
- Samsung 4K SUHD Television
- Samsung 4K UHD Television
- Samsung LED Television
- Samsung Plasma Television
- Samsung Blu-Ray Player
- Amazon Fire
- Basic TV Wall Mount Package
- Premium TV Wall Mount Package
At Salamander Designs, helping you to define your space is what we are all about. Our wide variety of styles, materials, sizes, finishes and performance options will give you a plethora of design options to choose from. Choose a pre-designed furniture solution or design your own from the ground up. It’s not just furniture, it’s furniture engineered to make today’s electronics work better. Our professional grade products are designed to perform and integrate seamlessly with the latest technology. Whatever you envision, we can make it a reality.
The Leon Speaker Media Décor Series is an elegant collection of media concealment solutions that transforms any TV or speaker into an artistic focal point. From inspiration to fabrication, their team of designers, engineers, and craftsmen collaborate on each individual project to custom-tailor audiovisual treatments that perfectly complement your décor. With an exclusive selection of frames, extensive galleries of curated artwork, and a multitude of custom options to choose from, the Leon collection of Media Frames, Moving Art Screens, Art Lifts, and Tonecase (for Sonos) create compelling, beautiful and customized entertainment environments.
- Media Decor SEE IT
- Tonecase SEE IT
- Edge Media Frame SEE IT
- Moving Art Screens SEE IT
- Moving Art Lifts SEE IT
Yale Real Living™ Keyless Entry Locks
Yale Real Living push button deadbolt locks work with a Control4 home automation controller and come standard with your new home. You’ll experience a new type of ‘real living’, the lock is your first point of contact for security and home control. Enter a user code to enable a welcome scene that disarms the security system, activates lights, and even adjust the thermostat. Know when family members or friends come and go and have the ability to remotely lock or unlock your doors. The lock ensures that your home is always secure. You’re in control with Yale Real Living! The lock is included with your home, but the integration with your home automation platform is provided by Digital.
- Yale push button deadbolt lock – oil-rubbed bronze finish (YRD 210) DATASHEET
- Weather resistant durable buttons
- Programmable up to 25 users
- Illuminated keypad, easy to use at night or in low light
- Certified ANSI/BHMA A156.36, Grade 2
Security System and Alarm
At Alarm.com, keeping your family and home secure is Job 1. Unlike other systems that piggyback on your cable or phone connection, Alarm.com systems have a dedicated, reliable, cellular connection and battery backup should the power go out. The Alarm.com mobile apps help you stay connected to your home from anywhere. It’s easy to check-in on your home, watch live or recorded video or get an instant alert if something happens.
Two Alarm.com/Control4 packages are available:
Package 1: (requires a 1-year monitoring commitment at $44.99/mo)
Package 2: (requires a 3-year monitoring commitment at $44.99/mo)
Both packages include:
- Alarm.com Smart Phone App
- Alarm.com Digital Cellular 24×7 Monitoring
- UTC Interlogix NX-8E Security System with SuperBus 2000 Automation Module. Includes:
- Interlogix Security window/door contacts, siren, motion detectors, smoke detectors, touchpad
- Additional touchpads, motion detectors, glass break detectors and leak detectors are available
- UTC Interlogix NX-1820E Touch Screen Keypad with 3.5″ display
- High Definition Wireless Surveillance Camera with 20 foot night vision
- Integration with Control4 Controller and Applications
- Additional High Definition Cameras
- Additional Touch Screen Keypads
The Nest Learning Thermostat provided with your HVAC system can be integrated into your Smart Phone or Control4 controller for automated, energy-efficient climate control at your fingertips. Watch as the Nest system automatically adapts as your life and the seasons change. Just use it for a week and it programs itself.
Control4 smart lighting adds elegance, ambiance, convenience and energy efficiency to your home. Make your house appear occupied while you are away. Raise or dim any light in the room or the entire house with a single touch. Automate your lighting to respond to your schedule without any touch at all. It’s not just smart, it’s brilliant.
- Package 1: Main Living Area Lighting Control System
- Package 2: Whole House Lighting Control System
Motorized Shade Options
Motorized shades work in concert with your lighting and home entertainment system to control mood, ambiance and energy-efficiency. Choose a custom motorized shade system to enhance your decor and insulate your home from the extreme Arizona temperatures. Pre-configured packages are based on the unit type. Solar shades are available in 1%, 3% or 5% on all rooms and additional blackouts in both bedrooms. Fascia or headbox are included on all shades.
- Coupled shades or Individually-controlled shades
- In-wall or remote control shade controls
- Bedroom “Blackout” package including side channels
- Control4 Automation and integration